- Live blue crabs
- 1/2 cup seafood seasoning
- 1/2 cup salt
- 3 cups beer
- 3 cups distilled white vinegar
- Another 1/4 cup seafood seasoning
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Combine 1/2 cup seafood seasoning, salt, beer, and vinegar in a large stockpot over high heat. Bring to a strong simmer.
- Right before cooking, carefully place each crab upside down and stick a knife through the shell, just behind mouth.
- Fit a screen over the beer mixture and layer the crabs on the screen. Be sure that the crabs are above the simmering liquid. Cover.
- Steam crabs until they turn bright orange and all of the blue/green color is gone, 20 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup seafood seasoning before serving.