- 1.5 kg Milk Fish
- 1 eggplant (brinjal), cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 thumb sized ginger, sliced thin crosswise
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 180ml (3/4 cup) vinegar
- 2 large green chillies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small bitter melon, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper (capsicum), cut into chunks
- Clean the bangus by removing the scales, gills and guts inside of the fish. Rinse and cut crosswise into 3 steak pieces. Pat dry.
- Arrange the eggplant, onion, and ginger at the bottom of a 1.5 litre pot. Place the fish on top followed by the green chillies and sprinkle with salt.
- Pour the water and vinegar into the pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the bitter melon and green pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until the bitter melon is soft to the touch. Serve with rice.